Plan of Salvation
- Admit that you are a sinner: “For all have sinned” (Rom. 3:23a).
- Realize that God’s penalty for your sin is eternal death in hell: “For the wages of sin is death” (Rom. 6:23a).
- Understand that we cannot earn or merit our salvation to any degree: “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: not of works” (Eph. 2:8-9a).
- Believe that Jesus has provided the only way of salvation by the shedding of His blood on the cross: “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God” (1 Pet. 3:18a). “Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures” (1 Cor. 15:3b-4).
- Know that a person can be saved from sin and its penalty by placing his faith in Christ alone as personal Savior: “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved” (Acts 16:31).